Just 3 hours from Seattle or Spokane, the Chelan Valley is renowned for its 300+ days of sunshine a year. There are many things to do while you’re staying at one of our Lake Chelan area vacation rentals. We have listed a few of the local Lake Chelan Area Attractions below to get you started.
Boating and Watersports:
Lake Chelan is a boater’s paradise. Enjoy sightseeing, water-skiing, jet-skiing, parasailing, kayaking, canoeing, rowing, tubing, paddle boating, and cruising on 50 mile long glacier-fed Lake Chelan. There are also numerous other smaller lakes and rivers nearby.
Public boat launches can be found along Lake Chelan’s south shore at both 25-Mile Creek & Lake Chelan State Parks; along the north shore at Mill Bay Park; and in Chelan at Riverwalk Park and the three marinas. Boats can also be launched on the Columbia River at Chelan Falls Park, Powerhouse Park, and Beebe Bridge Park.
More information on boat and watercraft businesses can be found here on the Lake Chelan Chamber of Commerce website.
Downtown & Shopping:
There are many quaint small town shops to explore in Chelan, with beautiful gifts and jewelry, clothing for all seasons, and printed t-shirts and hoodies. In the summer there is a Saturday morning Farmer’s Market and a Thursday evening Farmer’s Market.
Chelan has many historic buildings on the National Register of Historic Places such as the Ruby Theatre (oldest movie theatre in the Northwest, built in 1913) and St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church (log structure built in 1898). Learn more about the lives of Chelan’s earliest pioneers, residents, and native people at the Chelan Museum.
Restaurants & Dining:
The Lake Chelan Valley offers some great dining experiences and tasty food. Some of our favorites are:
More dining options can be found here.
With 260 acres of wine grapes and more than 20 wineries, the Lake Chelan Valley is the ultimate wine-lovers vacation destination. Consider a limo tour to nearby wineries or get information on winery tours from the Lake Chelan Chamber of Commerce.
There are some amazing golf course in the Lake Chelan valley, and more in reasonable driving distance. Here are some of the closest options:
- Bear Mountain Ranch Golf Course – championship level 18-hole public play golf course with panoramic views of Lake Chelan, ranked as one of the top six new golf courses in the United States by PGA Professionals
- Lake Chelan Municipal Golf Course – a favorite course of golfers of all skill levels, with the setting and views from the course that are unmatched anywhere in the Northwest
- Gamble Sands – Situated high above the Columbia River, in North Central Washington, Gamble Sands is blessed with one of nature’s great locations and dramatic golf settings. Much like its older brothers and sisters in the linksland of Scotland, this beauty has 18 consecutive holes that were discovered – not constructed.
- Desert Canyon Golf Course – 18 holes of golf in a unique and beautiful setting and ranked as the #2 public course in Washington by Golf Digest, plus 18 hole championship putting course with beautifully manicured greens built around a lake, rock outcroppings and waterfalls.
- Don Morse Championship Putting Course – 18 hole championship putting course that overlooks beautiful Lake Chelan
Lake Chelan is one of the top fishing locations in the northwest, with world‐class fishing since the late 1800’s. Each year stocking programs release 100,000 Chinook Salmon, 60,000 Lake Trout, 100,000 Rainbow Trout, and 600,000 Kokanee into the cool, clear waters of the Lake Chelan area. The fish in Lake Chelan do not migrate ‐ they are landlocked. The Lake Chelan fishing season is open year around.
Darrell and Dad’s Family Guide Service offers guided fishing trips on Lake Chelan, Roses Lake and other North Central Washington waters.
Cooking Classes or Private Chef:
CheffyKandCA offers local cooking classes and also will act as your own personal chef at our vacation homes if you so desire and want to purchase their services. They teach a wide variety of food classes with an emphasis on high-quality, local ingredients and extreme hospitality!
Here are some of the most interesting ways to get around in the Lake Chelan valley:
- Lakeside Limousine – ride in style to local wineries, weddings, special occasions, restaurants, anniversary or birthday celebrations, and more.
- Lake Chelan Helicopters – enjoy helicopter flights around the Lake Chelan area, ride up to Stehekin, or charter a helicopter flight from Seattle or Spokane.
- Lady of the Lake – see beautiful scenery as you travel to Stehekin and Holden Village on this popular ferry.
Additional Chelan Valley Recreation Opportunities:
- Slidewaters (Family Waterslide Park)
- Chelan Lanes Bowling
- Mill Bay Casino
- Ruby Movie Theater
- Hiking (more information at Chelan Ranger District)
- Biking (4-5 major cycling events in Chelan)
- Bev’s Lakeshore Kennel (Manson) 509.687.3427
- Big Dog Kennel (South Shore) 509.687.9306
- All for Paws (Chelan) 509.888.8233
For more things to do, pick up a copy of the Lake Chelan Visitor’s Guide from one of the blue boxes around town, or request a copy at the Lake Chelan Chamber of Commerce.